This is the list that no seller wants to be-the expired list. We want to focus on doing everything possible to sell your property to escape the Expired Dungeon. We can do it if we make the right choices for your property from the start.
Why Listings Expire
We think we have noticed a few things about why listings expire here in Atlanta. After 20,000 listings that we have listed where many of them had expired with other companies and having some of our own listings expire after 6 months, here is the list of things that happens with a listing when it expires.
1. Buyer's searching habits online have slowed the market because they are confused AND they constantly believe that something new is coming on the market tomorrow. The average buying cycle now for a buyer is 6 months.
2. The listing’s photos stink or there is only a photo of the front.
3. The house was hard to view because the owner did not provide lockbox access or made it very difficult to show. This also happens sometimes with renters who don’t want to move or a divorced half of a couple that does not want to sell the house but has to by court order.
4. The commission to the buyer’s agent was lower than that of other competitive listings.
5. The listing was wrong, meaning the fields were wrong or not complete or something like the city or zip code was wrong.
6. And, believe it or not, the price or some other critical information was wrong like the owner’s phone number and the owner did not check the listing.
We do everything possible to make sure that the listing is correct, but ultimately it takes the owner’s eagle eye to make sure that it is correct. Listings expire every day and the old stigmatized property rule is out the window. I don’t believe that it is about price anymore. I believe it is precise exposure that has a marketing angle to it.
Are you wanting to avoid the expired dungeon?
Or, are you currently in this dungeon and need a way out?
Call me or click the link below to send me a message!